Saturday, April 07, 2007

A disapointing night

Well, that's how I felt after a session a few days ago. It was a good day profit wise but I ended my session feeling so disapointed because I feel that my endgame is the strongest part of my game. I had a very rough start to my session that day and cashed in like 1 thing at the time on stars and so far the week had been bad since a great sunday for mtts. Since then I've been lacking motivation to play a full session. And I finally persevered through my session and by the end of the night I was HU in an $8 FO on stars and lose HU when starting with a 2 to 1 CL Had a hand I can never get away from HU J high flush vs K high flush. I only played a few ftp tourneys that day too 6 to be exact and shockingly fted 3 of those 6. I fted the 30R first ran bad there some short stack shoved for like 9bb 2nd big stack calls OTB I shove for like 35bbs with AKo and the flat caller had KK. I then later fted a 75 fo I think the 22k garunteed and again had a not so good ft calling a minraise with A4 when I should have folded and I check shoved a J74 flop and KJ instacalled and I was gone. Luckily I saved the best run on ftp for the 40k tourney which I lost a really huge pot with 2 tables left AQ vs QJ AIPF J river obv. had like 3bb after that and was able to battle back to a top 3 stack going into ft. Got 4th and lost all my chips on a huge race for CL with 4 left 10s vs AK K river obvvv.

So I was up like 7k on the day from tourneys and still had a upset feeling after the session maybe it was because I didn't win or have a 5 figure day even though having many great opportunities to get a huge day. I generally feel better after a more modest day where I won a few 180s and cashed in some middle tourneys. Which I guess just shows the motivation I have to win every tourney regarless of buyin which helps me play the low buyins even though I could easily not play them and still have many profitable days. Still working on motivation been doing well playing some short sessions of LHE lately and hopefully that continues.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you call a day with 3 fts/6 fos entered a bad session, then you're one sick animal! Great job anyways. Keep it up man.

Reza

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home